Monday, December 14, 2015


There has been no sewing.  No fabric fondling.  Not a hint of quilt making going on at my place in the past week.  I did unpack some boxes and find a bunch of forgotten UFOs (2012 Christmas quilt, anyone?), but the machine sits, in my bedroom, untouched.  I even stacked up all my EPP and applique project boxes to make room for other things.  Maybe next week, who knows?

This weekend we tackled Christmas cards.
We also hung out at the playground, read The Stinky Cheese Man, and played with the train set.  I may have even gotten a nap.. I woke up on the couch at some point completely covered in stuffed animals..

So yeah, good weekend.  No sewing.
How about you?

*******************************

7 comments:

  1. Glad you are starting to settle in and building some happy Christmas memories in your new home.
    Yes EPPing here, tiny 1/2" hexies, actually a bit smaller as I mis-printed the paper shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than finishing the binding on my wonky star quilt (maybe someday I will figure out how to link to Instagram- or start my own blog??), not much sewing around here either! I'm so glad you are settling in to your new home-- happy memories, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are settling in.
    I have been doing a little bit of EPP this week, plus started hand quilting my hexagon scrap quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work on more than one thing at once, but lately my creative life has been totally taken over by The Farmer's Wife quilt. I noticed that I have only been blogging once a week for awhile and every blog post is about the Farmer's Wife Quilt. At least they are EPP. :-)

    I've got to find some balance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a good Christmas in your new home and wishing you a positive and happy New Year. Thanks for your inspiring book and blog; it started me doing EPP again this year and I've achieved so much in otherwise wasted moments (travelling and waiting times).

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what - we all need to sit down for a few hours and really get into our trains sets.
    seriously!
    thanks
    Bren
    the life coach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Belgium, dear Jessica, and HAPPY NEW YEAR !
    I do hope everything is OK with you, and that you're slowly settling in your new home with the kids. Change is always stressful, and requires a lot of strength & adaptation... So I wish you're getting some rest, and that you'll soon be able to blog again. We miss you ! :))

    Heartful thoughts from my little corner,
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...