Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Morning Star Count 8

Good morning!  Before I report on my own progress, I need to send you all over to Frederick's blog to check out the Rose Star quilt that he just finished.  Frederick and I share a love of EPP (I think he'll tell you I started it, but really, he has been an inspiration and motivation to me more than he gives himself credit for.  Check out his other quilts while you're over there..) and I have been watching as this quilt grew for months.  Clare's Rose Star pattern and tutorial is a great place to start if you're interested in playing with multi-template English paper piecing patterns.  I made a few myself but then had to shelve them when the book came along.  They are fun in that you get to play around with fabric combinations differently than with a one-patch pattern.  There's a flickr group that Frederick links to, tons of inspiration can be found in there as well..

But back to my own stars.. I finished star #5, and have laid out all the hexies for star 6, but it has just been sitting on my kitchen table this past weekend, taunting me. 

I really wanted to sew it together, but unexpected summer fun kept popping up instead-- a movie with Costas, a day in the city with my relatives from Chicago, watching George teach his dad how to play Super Mario Brothers.. I knew the EPP could wait.


How about you?  Steadily stitching or easily distracted by end of summer fun?  Link up and tell all!
(BTW, just because I post on Monday mornings doesn't mean YOU have to!  Link up any time during the week, we'll still pop over and check out your work~)


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for those great links. I see a Rose Star quilt in my future. Loving EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like great progress on your stars! I know what you mean about end of summer activities taking priority over hand stitching - I can relate! Thanks again for hosting a great link party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your stars, they will look great all together, and I know what you mean, sometimes outside activities are more attracting than crafts (wait, did I really say that?!). But cooler days and nights aare on the way, the time for more crafting will come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiss that cute little redhead for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing projects progressing, but these beautiful summer days only last so long, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jessica for the links and the inspirations. Summer fun calls me away today.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...