Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pink

So today, with some encouragement from Frederick and Chase, I'm working on this quilt.  I stripped away some of the blocks and a clearer design came into focus..

I've been reading (actually reading, not just looking at the pictures) Sunday Morning Quilts this week and I finally felt ready to build up some slabs of pink with crumbs and strings, in hopes of making giant HSTs (not unlike Lori's quilt, here) and turning this into a cheery medallion of a sort.

The crumb piecing is slow and the kids are needy interested in hanging out with me in the sewing room, but the idea is clear in my mind, so I'm determined to work on this as long as the mood keeps me.
 It's turning into a pretty beautiful Mother's Day-- the big guys are outside gardening, the little guy is asleep.. so it looks like I may get in a blog post AND sewing time this afternoon.  Hope you're just as lucky~
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there~

(Btw, I finished the baby quilt, it will get it's own post once it's out of the wash.)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks! Incidentally, I just got your book in the post. It has therefore arrived in Switzerland, and I was pouring over it with two quilty friends last night. It's lovely! JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you find the time. Lovely fabrics and fun piecing! Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be fun to see how you use your pinks fabric made from scraps in a bigger design. I want your book yesterday. I need a new EPP project and I have a after dark garden in mind as my theme this time round.

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...