Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thank you~

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes throughout the week.  I think in the last 2 weeks I realized why I needed to change blogs from Littleshika to Life Under Quilts... I guess in my 20s I tried really hard to project an image of who I wanted to be, especially in online communities.  It hit me last week that now that I'm in my 30s, I'm much more comfortable being me.  I don't need to hide behind cutsy icons or made up self-images.  I've never struggled with self-confidence, but still, it's really freeing to know that I'm happy with myself, including how I present myself to others.  I feel content to be a grown-up.

I learned a lot about you guys too, and wow!  ask for anonymous comments and you'll get them!  I had a total of 40 comments on my last post, the highest ever for this blog. Thanks everybody~
The average age of my commenters is 36.  The ages ranged from 22-64, and only one reader is the same age as I am.  Thank you so much for playing along, it's really interesting to put ages to names now (for those who didn't choose to be anonymous), I think I was only really really surprised by 2 responses,  but hey, now I know.  I also learned that most commenters (unless they were months away from a milestone birthday) seemed comfortable with their age.  The commencement speaker at my college graduation included in her speech a passage about not getting hung up on the college years being "the best years of your life," but to enjoy every stage.  That has been some of the best advice I've ever received.

Speaking of things I received... This package came in the mail a few days ago after a loooong journey from Athens..
and look what was inside!

Of course I want to try the recipes soon (almost made one tonight but didn't have a carrot on hand), I think Constantina chose it for me partly for the quilt inspiration.. (THANK YOU!!)

This book showed up on my doorstep yesterday too.  What a lucky birthday girl I am~  I really have the most thoughtful friends.  Thanks you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Now that you are done with school, you can jump into that cookbook! What's up first?? Enjoy some of that down time! oxo

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...