Sunday, December 5, 2010

31

Ok, before I get into the body of this post, today is my birthday and I'm 31.  After a discussion at the Metro Mod mtg yesterday, I'm curious to know how old you are.  Please take a second and post an anonymous comment with your age only.
Just trying to get a grasp of blog-reader-demographics.  please play along :)
Ok, now on to the fun stuff..

How wonderful it was that the NYC Metro Mod guild meeting happened to fall on my birthday weekend!  So I baked these, which were so yummy.  The quilting was amazing, as usual.  I am continually amazed at the versatility of these quilters.  One meeting it's EPP hexies, the next a super huge log cabin, and another time it's a totally modern free form block of solid strips.  (Yeah Mary, it's all you).  I love learning about these artisans through just a glimpse of what they choose to share at each meeting.  It's like reading a really good book but you only get to read one chapter every 2 months.  It's not so much drama and suspense, but getting to watch the relationships form and creativity unfold.  I don't think there could have been a better birthday present..
Lisa and I covertly planned to wow them with two finished spiderwebs side by side.  To our surprise, Carol had one to show too!
Nicole's medallion.  Excellent placement of values..

Kim's hand applique.  They give me free-time envy..

I remember discussing this quilt at 15 mins play a few months ago, but I was stunned to put two and two together and finally see that the quilter was Margaret, OUR Margaret.  It was so cool to see this quilt IRL.

Mary's finished quilt from the Threads Together Bee.  I love seeing Bee blocks reach the "finished quilt" stage.

And here's how our scrap challenge project is coming along.  In May I took home a bag of Janet's scraps.  I made a bunch of "housetop" blocks and showed them off at the October meeting, but didn't know what to do with them after that.  Andrea quickly volunteered to add on to it, and we passed it on to Victoria yesterday.  So it has become sort of a collaboration/Round Robbin by accident.  Love it!  Can't wait to see what it looks like by February.  If I had to guess Victoria's path, I'd say she'll either slash it, or add on to make it king size.. what's your prediction?

40 comments:

  1. 43
    Love the quilts, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 57!
    And your new header photo is lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just turned 50 this year. Been quilting for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 49 for three more months! Happy, happy birthday! Hope you are treated like a queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm one of the *anony-mouses* (the old one)...forgot to wish you a very happy birthday, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi happy birthday!!!! Hope all your wishes come true
    im 27

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new header, I see so much joy in your face. I'm 52 and have been quilting for 28 years. Yes, we really did make patterns by tracing around cardboard shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are 31, that means you were also born in the 70's. Hurrah! I'm 33. Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 36 - happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 64 a few more days. Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 49 and 13 months on the outside, 28 on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 39. In California years, that's about 187. The good news is that being a Californian means you still get to act like a drunken 12 year and dress like one, too.

    Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just turned 50. Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!!!
    ;-) 40
    I won't be slashing your top all up my dear... I may add a few more in my own blocks but know for sure, it will still be in one piece... and I will force myself not to make it King size...
    it's actually done already... let me know if I should send it on, or send it back...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Winning the prize (so far) for youngest quilter at... 22!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't know it was your b-day until after you left. Happy B-Day! :) It was fun to chat again, see your projects and share the round-robin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy B-day a bit late... I'm 42...

    ReplyDelete
  18. 40. Started quilting in my mid-20s.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 44 :( But I don't want to be

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Jessica!

    I've been on the earth 51 years but I still feel like I am in my late twenties I am shocked when I think I AM 51...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Spider Web quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am 51 and been quilting since high school.during the 1976 quilting rehash I vowed to make a quilt like they did in the "olden days". Back then it was cardboard templates traced and hand stitched seams. I still have that quilt.
    Happy Happy Birthday! Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday, Jessica! Thanks for sharing the
    recipe for those yummy squares!

    I'm 48.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! (I'm behind in my reader)

    28

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Belated Birthday....7 months and 2 days from my 40th...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday again!

    Ha, me, versatile? Thanks! It's too hard to make decisions, I like too much, so each project is often way different from the last. My bed looks insane piled high with clashing blankets, but it keeps me from getting bored!

    I'm 31 too, until February.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 39. I live on Long Island. The quilts are beautiful. I have a 2 year old son and I get free time envy too sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday Jessica! LOVE the Spider web - I'll have to add one of those onto my "To-Do" list!! And on Christmas I'll be 51 ... YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm 46. what a great bunch of quilts you all made. congrats on the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. 39 1/2 years old :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. 35

    Hope you had a wonderful birthday! your guild meeting looks like it was a wonderful time.

    i love the round robin quilt that you, Andrea and Victoria are working on. i bet V does make it into a king. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Free Zoom Quilt Class, October 20.

    Free Live Online Craft Class Learn to quilt with Jessica Wed., Sept. 9 Tues., Oct., 20, Nov. 9 7:00 – 8:00 pm Sign up now.   Take one or...